Access materials related to proposed changes to the New England power system, including proposed new generators, changes to existing generators, transmission upgrades, and elective transmission upgrades. Documents accessible below include:
- Proposed Plan Application and notification forms used in the review of the proposed system changes
- ISO approval letters related to requirements in Section I.3.9 of the ISO Tariff—determination that the proposed change will not have a significant adverse effect on the reliability or operating characteristics of the transmission owner’s transmission facilities, the transmission facilities of another transmission owner, or the system of another market participant
Also view the approval status of Proposed Plan Applications.
About the ISO’s Reliability Review
As the Regional Transmission Organization, ISO New England is responsible for reviewing and approving proposed system changes because these changes may impact the stability, reliability, or operating characteristics of New England’s power system. The review process involves advisory input from the Reliability Committee.
- ISO Planning Procedure 5-0: Procedure for Reporting Notice of Intent to Construct or Change Facilities in Accordance with Section I.3.9 of the ISO New England Tariff (Proposed Plan Application Procedure)
- ISO Planning Procedure 5-1: Procedure for Review of Governance Participant’s Proposed Plans (Section I.3.9 Applications: Requirements, Procedures, and Forms)
- ISO Planning Procedure 5-3: Guidelines for Conducting and Evaluating Proposed Plan Application Analysis